[J-core] Adding d/i cache to microboard?

Osamu Nishii onishii at se-instruments.com
Mon Oct 24 00:25:51 EDT 2016

Rich-san

I found that "Makefile is not generated by soc_gen";
  (they are manually written files)

[boards] $ fgrep lpddr microboard/Makefile

microboard/Makefile:        DDR_TYPE=lpddr \

This controls boot/dev/ddr.c behavior.
When replace ddr controller to new one,
DDR_TYPE should be lpddr2 (instead of lpddr).
(note: here, lpddr lpddr2 does not link to memory device, but
   ddr controller.  lpddr2 is for new ddr ctrl (components/ddr2);
   CL=3).

When CL=2/3 does not match, OS will not boot.
I have not synthesized microboard with this modification.
Just as a comparison, lpddr2 is better.

Osamu Nishii