[J-core] Did you notice the github?

D. Jeff Dionne Jeff at SE-Instruments.com
Mon Sep 9 21:27:15 EDT 2019

Ultra scale FPGAs can reach perhaps 150MHz, but this is for development or deployment in small quantities.  SEI uses SMP systems on Kintex 7 in commercial products, at 100MHz, sort of a price/performance sweet spot for certain types of applications.  Signal processing stuff.

We expect to hit interesting speeds in ASIC mid 2020 timeframe on the roadmap, but let’s see... :)

Rich Felker demonstrated GCC running on a dual core 66MHz J-Core device (on linux of course) a few years ago.  It wasn’t exactly... unusable ;)  So 1999, un surprisingly.

Cheers,
J.