[J-core] Adding SH2/SH4 support to LiteX using J-Core?

wjones at wdj-consulting.com wjones at wdj-consulting.com
Wed Feb 8 11:15:41 EST 2017

Hello Jeff,

I committed the repo as-is to Github so when I attempt to build MiSoC/LiteX
designs with J-core I can easily reference the core as a git submodule
(which is how cores are conventionally referenced in MiSoC/LiteX). There
have not been any new commits yet, so you are up to date :).

My proposed changes to the copy of my repo (and *only* if necessary) are
adding the single-cycle multiplier back in (I noticed you said J2 even with
the MAC fits on an ICE408K... that is very interesting!), and tweaking the
bus interface to be wishbone-friendly. Though for the latter, nothing stops
me from doing that on the MiSoC/LiteX side.

Compared to J2 proper, with all the peripherals, are there any architectural
differences besides the lack of single-cycle multiplier? I would like to
keep my repo copy of the core up to date with upstream changes.