[J-core] Updated the github a bit.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Oct 11 16:46:14 EDT 2019

On 10/10/19 10:05 PM, D. Jeff Dionne wrote:
> On Oct 10, 2019, at 22:24, Joh-Tob Schäg <johtobsch at gmail.com
> <mailto:johtobsch at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Not sure if this is the right place to talk about this but it would be great
>> if there was a short tutorial on how to put your own code in to the RAM/ROM img.
>
> Ok, sure can do!  Give me a day or two, we have an eXecute In Place from SPI
> flash block that changes the linker scripts etc.
>
>> I played with it in the past but was not successful. I also failed to follow
>> the makefiles.
>
> Ok, NP.  I assume you want a bare metal tutorial... the linux executable side
> has no special tricks to it.

I need to make a FAQ page, and I want to add entries on:

1) How to make a bare metal vmlinux that the ELF loader can run, printing to the
turtle or numato serial console.

2) How to replace the bootloader with your own ROM code. (We even have a patch
that increases the amount of memory the simulator thinks the board has so you
can run arbitrarily _large_ test ROMs. They don't work on real hardware, but
it's still useful.)