[J-core] My trip to Japan

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sat Dec 28 15:12:12 UTC 2019

Hi!

On 12/26/19 10:43 PM, Joh-Tob Schäg wrote:
> time. During the occasion i received a turtle board with some binaries
> . I am free to talk about it, so if you have questions ask me. The

Are Turtle boards already available for purchase for interested developers?

> FPGA came flashed with a dual core J32. Jeff also showed me how to
> reflash the FPGA. It has a dedicated flash mode which can be triggered
> at start-up. In the flash mode the board talks over serial and has an
> assistant for flashing an image form the µSD card.
> The linux build that came with it did not support J32 yet which means
> it crashes when mmap is called. (I understood from Robs explanation
> that this expected behaviour when running a nommu kernel on a device
> with MMU).

J32 would be equivalent to SH4, wouldn't it? If yes, I'm really looking
forward to that. Having new SH4 hardware available for purchase would
help Debian's sh4 port (of which I am the principal maintainer of) and
NetBSD's port for sh3/sh4.

For Debian, I'm currently building most packages for sh4 using qemu-user
which has some bugs meaning that not all packages build fine which other-
wise build fine on real hardware. So, I'm really looking forward for new
sh4-compatible hardware.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz