[J-core] What wiki should j-core.org use?

D. Jeff Dionne Jeff at SE-Instruments.com
Sun Jun 19 23:28:03 EDT 2016

The reason to use Trac is because it integrates the wiki with your source repo.  A wiki divorced from the sources isn't that interesting to me, because it just becomes a collection of random information (most of which is stale, almost be definition).  I've never seen that work.

The issue we would have is that I think GitHub wants to be all that by themselves, and having seen the rise and fall of such services, they never last as long as something like uClinux, nommu.org or j-core.  I don't disagree that we should have all of this up on GitHub, but to assume it is the primary repo is folly (see kernel.org as a counter example).

So then, I really think that an integration between Trac and Wordpress (with all the expected rich content, including inline podcasts and example videos, etc) is the correct approach.   We are asking people to consider using the entire j-core ecosystem solution set for ASICs... it isn't and can't be a 'little' project if we want that (where 'that' represents multiple $100ks engineering investments in hard an opportunity costs) to happen...   Just my 2cents.

Cheers,
J.