[J-core] Adding new targets for J2

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Jun 10 21:32:27 EDT 2016

On 06/10/2016 04:44 PM, Gutierrez, Santiago wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had previously emailed the OPF email asking if there was a proven way
> to target a new FPGA for the J2 bitstream build. They linked me to
> j-core and I looked through your website as well as the archived mailing
> list. However I couldn’t find a suitable solution for what I am trying
> to do. I would like to specify the Xilinx Kintex 7 as a new build target
> for the J2. I had through the tutorials for using on the microboard, but
> nothing stuck out to me on how to target a new FPGA. I would also like
> to include some custom IP that I have in the bitstream, so someway to
> include that in the build would be great to know. If I’m missing
> something obvious that could help me out on the website, I apologize,
> but any info would help immensely.

The post you're looking for in the old list was probably:

  http://lists.nommu.org/pipermail/0pf/2015-August/000016.html

There was a more recent thread here on hooking up new peripherals, the
first interesting post of which is here:

  http://lists.j-core.org/pipermail/j-core/2016-April/000070.html

Let me know what other help we can provide,