[J-core] FW: Adding new targets for J2

Gutierrez, Santiago Santiago.Gutierrez at viasat.com
Tue Jun 14 13:46:29 EDT 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Gutierrez, Santiago
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2016 4:05 PM
To: 'Geoff Salmon' <gsalmon at se-instruments.com>
Subject: RE: [J-core] Adding new targets for J2

Hi Geoff,

Yes right now I am using the Kintex 7 KC705 Evaluation Board. I myself am not too familiar with ISE I've only used Vivado and Altera's Quartus, however trying to use your code I've noticed that ucf files don't seem to be supported in Vivado anymore, instead they now use xdc (Xilinx Design Constraints) and the program xst which was included in ISE doesn’t seem to be included in Vivado or the accompanying SDK. The xst program is currently keeping me from testing the compilation, there might be more programs that aren’t included in Vivado anymore but so far I only know of that one, and at this point I will most likely install ISE to try and get the compilation to work. You guys have been really helpful, thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Santiago Gutierrez