[J-core] Did anybody do anything with those turtle boards?

Patrick Oppenlander patrick.oppenlander at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 23:25:38 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 9:53 PM Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> I mailed out a half-dozen turtle boards to various people, each of whom had
> plans to do things with them, and am told the boards all arrived successfully
> but haven't heard back since.
>
> I haven't exactly followed up either (we got buried by work again) but... Ping?
> How's it going?

I powered mine on with the SD card you sent in it. It booted to a kernel panic.

I built a toolchain, convinced the bootloader to build with a current
version of gcc (can send a patch if you like, I never got around to
testing it, reviewing it and cleaning it up), managed to get the
Xilinx tools running and built the jcore-soc project for the
turtle_1v1 target.

At that point I was derailed by other things. I still need to build a
kernel, some userspace and actually load something.

Right now my plans for this have been put on hold due to factors
mostly out of my control. I don't know when I'll get back to it.

Sorry for the lack of progress.

Patrick