[J-core] The "kernel patch" for sheb-nofpu multi-thread support ?

蔡傳資 imruinland.cs00 at g2.nctu.edu.tw
Wed Aug 5 08:55:19 UTC 2020

Hi,

sorry again for making the noise.

I was reading the musl-libc wiki, and something caught my eyes :
https://wiki.musl-libc.org/supported-platforms.html#Supported_target_architectures_(ABIs)
"sheb-nofpu subarchs (currently this kernel-patch is required for
multithread usage)"

The kernel-patch link in that page is broken now. [1]
Yet judging from the URI, I assume that the patch was on the way of
being merged ?

Some google search results on this mailing list makes me feel that it
requires quite a mount of patches to fix the issue.

So I'm wondering the status of the needed patches for sheb-nofpu
multi-thread support.

[1] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/arch/sh?id=a37922c1a80663dfb814f3837dc1f2a451707e5f
[2] https://lists.j-core.org/pipermail/j-core/2016-May/000171.html

Sincerely,