[J-core] Hello world...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Sep 8 03:44:27 EDT 2019

On 9/7/19 7:43 PM, Joh-Tob Schäg wrote:
> I stand corrected. I mostly encountered it the other way so far but i
> see why this is preferred.
> Question: If i reply-all to an email from A does A receive two copies
> (on from me and one from the list)?

In theory, yes. In practice, gmail filters out the duplicates. And yes, people
have complained at them about this for YEARS because it breaks threading. (The
first copy gets delivered, so your personal copy vs the list copy race to get
delivered to you, and you don't get a proper thread in either place. But if you
don't cc: people on a high traffic list they may not see your post, common
problem on lkml...)

(Usually the personal cc: gets delivered first because that goes straight to
gmail and the list copy goes to another server and gets forwarded to gmail. But
it's not ALWAYS the case, just enough to break threading. Thanks gmail!)