[J-core] Is there a way to have periodic interrupts on the Numato board?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Oct 29 02:59:38 EDT 2019

On 10/28/19 5:42 PM, Joh-Tob Schäg wrote:
>> I vaguely recall Linux re-enabling the interrupt in the interrupt handler?
>
> I feared that. This makes regular timings (every x ms/ns) more
> difficult (i suspect).

Shouldn't. You don't add from now, you add from the last periodic time?

The kernel has code that handles this properly, and "classic" kernel clock was
adding timer ticks (1/jiffy) so if the times weren't constant the clock would
get off from wall clock time fast.

The other message points you at the kernel code that's doing this, although
sadly you may have to unwrap layers of generic kernel plumbing to find out what
it's actually _doing_.