[J-core] gdbserver patch for superh?

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Tue Nov 19 16:32:25 UTC 2019

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 05:02:54PM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hi Rob!
>
> On 11/17/19 12:25 PM, Rob Landley wrote:
> > Rich, do you have your gdbserver patch for superh from 2018? I think I've got it
> > on a USB disk in Austin, but I'm still in tokyo at the moment. (I found the
> > kernel side patch for breakpoints, but that made it upstream in commit
> > 96a598996f6a already. It's the gnu/copyright bureaucracy nobody can ever
> > navigate to merge patches into.)
>
> I have a GDB fork with a patch for SuperH support [1]. Is that what you are looking
> for?
>
> I still want to get this merged upstream. So, I have to rebase and push the patches
> upstream.
>
> Adrian
>
> > [1] https://github.com/glaubitz/binutils-gdb/tree/linux-sh

I think that's the linux-nat support, right? It's orthogonal to
working breakpoints and the other stuff I did. Also important in the
long run but less so on systems where most debugging will be remote
gdbserver anyway.

Unfortunately I think the breakpoint stuff was traditionally
duplicated between gdbserver and linux-nat. I'm pretty sure I have it
working on both but not properly merged. Would be nice to unify it for
upstreaming if we could.

Rich