[J-core] Turtle FPGA

Cedric BAIL cedric.bail at free.fr
Fri Jan 5 00:43:30 EST 2018

Hello,

I discovered today the attempt to have the Artix 7 XC7A50T FGG484
bitstream reverse engineered like it has been done with the iCE40. The
project is at : https://symbiflow.github.io/ .

This Artix 7 is in the ballpark of price and characteristic of the
LX45 that was envisionned at some point for the higher end version of
the turtle. I don't really know what are the drawback of that familly
compared to the Spartan 6 and why the Spartan 6 were preferred, but if
the development of the Turtle board still allow for it, looking at
switching to this XC7A50T would make a potentially very nice platform.

What are your thinking on this ?
--
Cedric BAIL