[J-core] Comparison of (potential) dev boards

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Mon Feb 5 16:24:31 EST 2018

On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 04:06:07PM +0100, Joh-Tob Schäg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am eye balling J-CORE for a long time already.
> As people mentioned the stock of Mimas V2 Spartan 6 FPGA Development Board
> is running out at some suppliers.
> For i am fpga noob still, could someone answer me the following question:
> Is there a reason to buy Mimas V2 now compared to waiting for the turtle
> when you are not in a hurry to join actively?

As far as I know it's still available direct from Numato, but if
you're not in a hurry I don't think it makes sense to opt for it.
Unlike the Turtle it doesn't have ethernet or usb. Numato sells an
expansion module with an ethernet phy which should be possible to make
use of, but nobody's done that or focused on developing support for
it.

Rich