[J-core] Fwd: ISA manual for SH-2

Francisco Javier Bizcocho Antúnez volkovdablo at gmail.com
Sun May 28 13:16:57 EDT 2017

Thanks for the explanation Jeff, and yes indeed it requires a special jtag
probe and comercial IDE. In my case I'm using CodeScape and their Classic
DASH to do all of this. The IDE also provides the debug stub, that will be
injected in RAM in the address that I previously specify. The only problem
that I have is that, apparently there is a 'secret' register called SDSR,
that contains the ID of the processor, (or at least some kind of ID) that
the probe uses to carry on with the debugging session. The funny bit is
that this register must be somehow initialized from the boot rom, or the
probe just refuses to connect to the CPU.
This register can be modified from the CPU I believe. And what I'm doing is
basically running a program that goes through all the Physical address
space, looking for the value 0x12345678 (which is the current value of
SDSR).

Javier.