[J-core] Debug jump log?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Feb 25 19:44:25 EST 2017

On 02/23/2017 09:27 PM, BGB wrote:
> yeah. my emulator

Here's a couple sh2 emulators that are over 20 years old:

https://www.renesas.com/en-us/products/microcontrollers-microprocessors/superh/softtools.html
http://web.mit.edu/gnu/doc/html/gdb_15.html#SEC131

Emulating a Sega Saturn is hard not because of sh2, but because the 5
different chips in it have tight timing constraints interacting, but
nevertheless people have done it repeatedly:

http://gxemul.sourceforge.net/
http://www.mess.org/sysinfo/saturn/bugs
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/saturn/ssf-a-nearly-perfect-sega-saturn-emulator
https://yabause.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQgx2cBQ4ug

Dreamcast is apparently much easier, this page links to 5 different
emulators:

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/dreamcast/

And here's an android app that emulates a dreamcast on a phone:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.reicast.emulator&hl=en

I want to get QEMU a proper "-cpu j2" target. I want to write up
documentation so people can use the cycle accurate simulation output
from nvc and ghdl. I'd like to write up documentation on using gdb's
built-in simulator target (and make sure it works right for j2;
Yoshinori Sato's using this for H8300 and told me how once but I lost
the notes).

Then I might worry about other open source superh emulators like mess
and gxemul.