[J-core] Roadmap (was Re: j2 llvm repo?)

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 8 04:46:20 EST 2017

On 02/08/2017 10:20 AM, Rob Landley wrote:
>>> Let me know when you're ready for outside testing, I look forward to
>>> trying it...
>>
>> How much is actually missing for sh4? I would love to have this in Debian.
>
> I'm fairly certain Jeff could do a better explanation of all of this,
> but here's a stab at it (none of which is cannon, this is a software guy
> talking about what hardware guys said over dinner months ago, not merely
> half-remembered but half-understood in the first place):

Thanks for the detailed roadmap, but I was actually talking about the LLVM
code. We already have a working SH-4 port in Debian which I am actively
maintaining. It's missing LLVM, hence I was wondering how much it would
take to make that version of LLVM actually usable on SH-4.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz at debian.org