[J-core] Linux SH build issues with 4.14

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Sat Dec 2 13:02:43 EST 2017

On Sat, Dec 02, 2017 at 04:21:39PM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There is an acute issue with the Linux SH kernel that needs to be addressed
> which is a build failure on 4.14:
>
>   MODPOST vmlinux.o
> lib/mpi/mpih-div.o: In function `mpihelp_divrem':
> ../debian/build/build_sh4_none_sh7751r/./lib/mpi/mpih-div.c:139: undefined reference to `abort'
> /<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/Makefile:1009: recipe for target 'vmlinux' failed
> make[5]: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
>
> Could you guys have a look at it?
>
> Full log in [1].
>
> Adrian
>
> > [1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=linux&arch=sh4&ver=4.14.2-1&stamp=1512190571&raw=0

I'm looking at it. The cause isn't immediately apparent to me and my
guess would be a gcc issue. libgcc definitely contains calls to abort
for stupid reasons (making division by zero abort, for instance) but
this is in a kernel source file, not libgcc. I'll let you know as soon
as I figure out more about what's going on.

Rich