[J-core] working on SH-2 emulator.

BGB cr88192 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 04:40:45 EDT 2016

On 9/6/2016 2:26 AM, D. Jeff Dionne wrote:
> The driver does exist...  here is a print of my boot just a few min ago:
>
> Open vmlinux OK
> Use bootloader's DTB
> RUN program
> Linux version 4.6.0-00044-g127f81a-dirty (jeff at VirtualSuSE) (gcc version 5.3.0 (GCC) ) #2 SMP Sun Sep 4 07:28:34 EDT 2016
> Boot params:
> ... MOUNT_ROOT_RDONLY - 00000001
> ... RAMDISK_FLAGS     - 00000000
> ... ORIG_ROOT_DEV     - 00000200
> ... LOADER_TYPE       - 00000001
> ... INITRD_START      - 00000000
> ... INITRD_SIZE       - 00000000
> earlycon: uartlite_a0 at MMIO 0xabcd0100 (options '')
> bootconsole [uartlite_a0] enabled
> Booting machvec: devicetree
>
> The relevant lines in .config are:
>
> #
> # Serial drivers
> #
> CONFIG_SERIAL_EARLYCON=y
> # CONFIG_SERIAL_8250 is not set
>
> #
> # Non-8250 serial port support
> #
> # CONFIG_SERIAL_MAX3100 is not set
> # CONFIG_SERIAL_MAX310X is not set
> CONFIG_SERIAL_UARTLITE=y
> CONFIG_SERIAL_UARTLITE_CONSOLE=y
> # CONFIG_SERIAL_SH_SCI is not set
> CONFIG_SERIAL_CORE=y
> CONFIG_SERIAL_CORE_CONSOLE=y

good to know. I am working on getting the kernel rebuilt (ex: trying to
use Aboriginal).
this is pretty slow and it didn't work the first attempt, so trying again.
if it doesn't work, I might try "sh2elf" rather than "sh2eb".

as noted, I did add CAS, SHAD, and SHLD, since in this case there wasn't
really all that much reason not to.

"sh2elf" gets a little further than "sh2eb", but both die due to errors.
may mess with it more later, for now needing to sleep...