[J-core] Weird console output

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Sun May 15 22:57:03 EDT 2016

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 05:41:32PM -0400, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> On May 15, 2016 4:49 PM, "Daniel Lezcano" <daniel.lezcano at free.fr> wrote:
> >
> > On 05/15/2016 09:12 PM, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> >>
> >> The baud rate is 19200, iirc, not 115200
> >

> > IIUC, 19200 is for the binary upload. The console itself is 115200 if I
> refer to the web site.
> >
> > Anyway, I tried 19200 and I have the same issue.
>
> Weird. I don't recall changing my baud rate at all between uploading a new
> bitstream and running vmlinux.

As I understand it, baud rate only makes sense for the physical serial
line, which is between the FPGA uartlite core and whatever the chip is
provides the USB ACM device. This is what is operating at 19200. At
least on Linux, the configured baud rate for /dev/ttyACM* seems to be
completely ignored; the transfer rate is controlled by the USB ACM
device. Perhaps this is different on other operating systems and you
have to do something to tell the OS the rate to expect...?

Rich