[J-core] VHDL to silicon pathway?

D. Jeff Dionne Jeff at SE-Instruments.com
Mon Jul 18 18:31:03 EDT 2016

We're using a standard (Cadence) flow for a commercial SoC this year at one fab for sure, and test chips for 3 other fabs that have been expressing interest for other customers.

Yes plan is, fully opensource flow looks likely to use QFlow, but with yosys, not Odin-II.  nvc as the vhdl language front end.  We have not had -any- time to work on that of late.  Nick was able to improve nvc, which will now parse and sim j-core RTL (with a few small changes) cycle exact against ghdl.

Cheers,
J.