[J-core] Linux on J1?
rob at landley.net
Mon Aug 1 16:51:19 EDT 2016
What would it take to build a J1 processor running Linux?
What I mean by that is, presumably starting with:
1) Take the stripped down "should fit in ice-40 if the toolchain works"
config and build it for spartan 6 with the existing xilinx toolchain.
2) Add the DRAM controller back.
3) Audit the instruction set and decide what we want to keep/drop. Do we
want a microcoded multiplier, or have libgcc.a do it? We talked about
this a few times:
4) Tweak gcc/binutils to add a target to produce the right instructions.
5) Tweak the kernel assembly.
6) Boot Linux on a Numato board with J1.
Now here's the really funky question: If we just use prefetch instead of
icache/dcache, could we SMP J1 on Numato? (And/or fit in one instance of
More information about the J-core