[J-core] qemu support

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Wed Apr 27 14:50:06 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 02:30:55PM -0400, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> There are a mix of SH4 and SH4A cores in the currently supported -cpu options:
>
> $ qemu-system-sh4 -cpu help
> SH7750R
> SH7751R
> SH7785
>
> There is a list that provides seemingly good coverage of the available
> families here [1].
>
> Does anyone with some familiarity of SH2 have any suggestions of which
> cpu would be least complicated for adding to Qemu?
>
> I'm leaning toward SH7046, since I do not necessarily care for flash
> at the moment.

As far as I can tell from Kconfig, SH7619 is the only plain SH-2 (not
2A) model supported by Linux. Once we convert all the legacy SH
support in the kernel over to device tree, it should be fairly trivial
to support additional models, but it might be best to start with this
one. That would actually provide a good test platform for the initial
DT conversion work.

Rich