[J-core] GHDL simulator.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Apr 27 01:28:30 EDT 2016

So the simulator we've been using is GHDL. Its repository is at:

  https://github.com/tgingold/ghdl

And its mailing list is at:

That said, I have never successfully managed to build this thing from
source (too many prerequisites), and I don't know where to find a
current prebuilt binary. It doesn't appear to be in the Ubuntu 14.04
apt-get repository either.

Below is the message Geoff Salmon sent in September of last year on how
to use it, which does not seem to cover how to bulid it...

Rob

--------

Hi all

The attached tarball contains some VHDL and a Makefile which show how
you can simulate with GHDL [http://home.gna.org/ghdl/] and view the
resulting waveforms in GTKWave [http://gtkwave.sourceforge.net/]. See
the README for more info.

If you're starting to look at VHDL, I think being able to run it and see
the results is essential. Once you've got GHDL and GTKWave installed,
hopefully this will make that step easy. Let me know if you have any
questions or encounter problems.

--
Geoff Salmon, Software Developer
Smart Energy Instruments Inc.