[J-core] Misc questions (about musl support and ghdlsynth)

蔡傳資 imruinland.cs00 at g2.nctu.edu.tw
Tue Jun 2 10:55:54 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a Numato Mimas v2, build the toolchain and cook Linux
image from scratch.

Yet I'm not quite sure about several things - -

If memories serves me right,
I remember that Rich Felker once talked about the musl porting for J2 core
in a conference.
(Sadly I cannot find any slides nor the video I had watched/read before
.......)
And that's the day I learned SuperH is still alive in the field nicely and
sound.
Yet it's been a while since the landing of support.
So I'm wondering whether the musl upstream still works for J2 ?

Besides, I'm curious about the status of J1 with ghdl-synth (lately renamed
to ghdl-yosys-plugin).
I saw issue#69 [1] on the repo being resolved and no new issue being raised
since then.

Does it mean that we now have a working end-2-end FOSS flow for J1 core on
ice40 ?

Looking forward to the future of J-core,
Ruinland

[1] https://github.com/ghdl/ghdl-yosys-plugin/issues/69