[J-core] Seeking help with SH7750 JTAG

Francisco Javier Bizcocho AntĂșnez volkovdablo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 15:04:47 EST 2018

Hello all,
I'm aware that this might not be ideal forum for this question, but
hopefully somebody knows something about this.

Long story short, I'm trying to hook up a JTAG to a retail Dreamcast
(SH7750 as you might know), but regardless what I do, it looks like the
JTAG won't establish a connection succesfully.

I have two different probes, an old CodeScape probe, and a new one called
XrossFinder, and both fail to connect through H-UDI.

I manage to gather some of this super secret H-UDI information and they
refer to something called SH4-EV. I'm hopping that this means, just
changing some signal so it will start the H-UDI subsystem (like we could
see in SH3).

Any ideas?, I hope that the retail Dreamcast is not carrying a variation of
SH4 that doesn't support JTAG, but rather it has been "disabled" somehow.

Thank you very much in advance.

Javier Bizcocho.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>