[J-core] What wiki should j-core.org use?

Ken Phillis Jr kphillisjr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 20:32:36 EDT 2017

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> On 10/25/2017 08:23 PM, Ken Phillis Jr wrote:
>> I know that the suggestion of Using Github was proposed, but what
>> about the Open Source competition to Github called GitLab
>> (https://about.gitlab.com/)? This is licensed under the MIT License,
>> and has a lot of the major features that J-Core could use.
>
> It's hard for me to get excited about gitlab for the same reason it was
> hard for me to get excited about identi.ca, mastodon, ello, app.net,
> diaspora, pownce, plurk, jaiku, trrst, friendica, opensocial, freenet,
> buddycloud, pump.io, tent.io, gnu social...
>
> Rob

I was not suggesting having the project Pages hosted on Gitlab, but
instead rolling a server running the Gitlab Community Edition
software. I know the gitlab software is highly configurable, and
unneeded features can be disabled on a per-project bases.

Gitlab Documentation: Installation Methods
https://about.gitlab.com/installation/

Gitlab Documentation: Software and Hardware Requirements
https://docs.gitlab.com/ce/install/requirements.html

In general this should be useful since the Project can make use of git
repositories to manage the websites (main website, and sub-project
website), and wiki content.