[J-core] Instruction Request: Dedicated CPUID Function

D. Jeff Dionne Jeff at SE-Instruments.com
Mon Oct 23 19:11:51 EDT 2017

On Oct 24, 2017, at 08:03, Cedric BAIL <cedric.bail at free.fr> wrote:

Hi Cedric,

Agree that linux kernel proper provides that information to the driver and application layers... the issue is the on chip storage for the .dtb contents.   One quickly finds out that if you put the .dtb in off chip storage (SDcard or SPI flash) that what happens is the wrong one ends up on your device and the world breaks.

My point is there is n bytes of storage practically available on chip for that, where 128 <= n <= 2k.  At 2k, it's already 1/4 of a nice, practical on chip 1st stage bootloader...