[J-core] Port Idea: Little Kernel

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Sat Nov 11 21:11:59 EST 2017

On Sat, Nov 04, 2017 at 11:36:09AM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 11/04/2017 11:29 AM, Ken Phillis Jr wrote:
> > I know most of the current work is centered around Linux.
>
> To be honest, I currently don't see any Linux work actually happen.
>
> The two kernel maintainers seem to have completely stopped their work,
> all patches sent to the kernel mailing lists remain unanswered now.

Hi. I'm sorry for the state of things there. Between personal things
(esp. major smoke damage from house fire and being displaced for half
the year), other work that has had to take priority with the project's
sponsor, and being blocked on lack of information to make progress on
kernel stuff that's not J2-specific (I still don't have intructions on
how to install a bootable kernel for the LANDISK, just a premade disk
image, and I need to check if it even still works after getting
bombarded with smoke), it's been hard to accomplish much as kernel
maintainer this year. But I am still here and haven't forgotten about
things. If you have specific pressing matters you'd like me to look
at, let me know.

Rich