[J-core] Fwd: ISA manual for SH-2

D. Jeff Dionne Jeff at SE-Instruments.com
Thu May 25 10:59:39 EDT 2017

This https://antime.kapsi.fi/sega/files/h12p0.pdf is probably the best of the legacy Hitachi documentation to look at.  Look specifically at Appendix A starting pg 251 for the encodings, and the table in section A.4 was dropped from later versions.  That table points possible ways to most efficient decoding.

Each of the instructions are also explained in detail (except CAS.L, which is new).  We expect J2 to be a compatible superset, and should test as such (anything else is a bug).  However, J-Core pipeline is a different implementation than any SH, so the instruction timings are also different.  J2 also has separate instruction and data busses, SH2 doesn't.  J2 has a single register file write back port, SH has multiple (likely 2, at least logical) write back ports.  Etc.

Cheers,