[J-core] Replacement firmware for USB interface (PIC) on MimasV2

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Wed Mar 22 09:52:19 EDT 2017

Hi!

As J-Core uses MimasV2 as a demo board I thought you would be interested in
this.

For MicroPython on FPGAs, we have written a replacement firmware for the
PIC on the MimasV2. You can find it at
https://github.com/jimmo/numato-mimasv2-pic-firmware

The three primary features are;

 * Dual USB ports, one for programming one for UART - no more needing to
use the hardware switch.
 * 115200 speed UART - faster terminal (useful for loading things via UART).
 * Faster SPI flash programming (see new-protocol branch).

We are planning on making it possible to upload to the SPI flash using
xmodem rather than needing a special programming tool (but haven't finished
that yet).

Tim 'mithro' Ansell