[J-core] Equiv of a datasheet?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Jan 6 19:38:02 EST 2017

On 01/06/2017 12:31 PM, Don A. Bailey wrote:
> This is great! Thanks for the information.
>
> Does gdb work on sh2 (j2)? I can't for the life of me seem to build gdb
> that supports either sh2 or sh4. The closest I got was building
> gdbserver from the gdb-5.3 package, but then I couldn't actually cross
> compile gdb, itself.

That's a question for Rich Felker, but unfortunately he's out this week
due to a house fire:

  https://twitter.com/RichFelker/status/817103182283280386

My understanding is that gdb works but has the usual nommu limitations
(breakpoints can be put on code but not data access, etc), but I don't
use gdb unless I have no other choice. (Over the years I've stuck print
statements in u-boot's dram init code and uClibc's dynamic linker
self-relocation code. I have a black belt in debugging via printf, or
printk, or write(), or
https://balau82.wordpress.com/2010/02/28/hello-world-for-bare-metal-arm-using-qemu/
or...)