[J-core] j2 llvm repo?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Feb 7 16:26:28 EST 2017

On 01/25/2017 07:47 PM, Visoiu Mistrih Francis wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
>> Has anybody tried https://github.com/thegameg/j2-llvm yet? I'm cloning
>> it now but I'm not much of an llvm expert...
>
> I am the author of the j2 experimental llvm backend. Thank you for noticing my
> work.

I'm having trouble following it because every time I do a "git pull" to
update my repository it says variants of:

  Auto-merging .travis.yml
  CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in .travis.yml
  Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

But I didn't modify anything locally?

Whatever method you're using to push to your repository seems to be
forcing me to delete my copy and re-clone it each time, which is kind of
inconvenient...

> I started working on this as a student research project, and I actually
> chose j2 as a target because it seemed to be resurrecting with the
> j-core project.

We're working on it. :)

I'm really really hoping that our commercial-side distraction clears up
this month and we can go back to focusing on open source releases. We
have a backlog of stuff we haven't cleaned up and put out yet...

> It hasn't been tested that much and still remains an educational-purpose
> backend.

Let me know when you're ready for outside testing, I look forward to
trying it...