[J-core] Linux SH build issues with 4.14

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Sat Dec 2 18:48:59 EST 2017

On Sun, Dec 03, 2017 at 12:25:10AM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 12/02/2017 09:49 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> > On 12/02/2017 09:23 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> >> Compiler is gcc-7.
> >>
> >> I'll try a cross-compile with gcc-7 myself.
> >
> > I can reproduce it with gcc-7 as a cross-compiler and the attached
> > configuration which is derived from Debian's kernel configuration:
>
> Switching to gcc-6 seems to avoid this issue and the kernel builds fine.

OK, I don't have gcc 7. But since this works with gcc 6, it's almost
surely a gcc bug. I can try to get a gcc 7 build for sh4 and test
myself, but if you could send me a dump of gcc -S (or objdump -dr for
the produced .o file, not quite as good but should be easier to make
and should suffice) I can probably tell you right away what the
reference to abort seems to have been generated from.

Rich