[J-core] SuperH GDB?

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Fri May 6 14:11:48 EDT 2016

On Fri, May 06, 2016 at 02:06:19PM -0400, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> Hi list + Rich,
>
> Do we have a SuperH GDB that is distributed as part of the toolchain?

No, not yet. I wasn't aware until recently, but upstream gdb has no
native (debug on the target) sh-linux support at all, and gdbserver
and gdb's remote interface are missing fdpic support which makes
symbolic debugging difficult. I'm in the process of fixing up the
abandoned & incomplete fdpic patch for gdb (thankfully the necessary
work seems to have been completed in the frv target support, but it
was done in a gratuitously frv-specific way so it needs some minor
cleanup) and hope to have something ready to use (at least
experimentally) in the next few days.

Rich