[J-core] What wiki should j-core.org use?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Jun 19 02:08:44 EDT 2016

I have a todo item to do "wiki.j-core.org" (and put the turtle board
info in it), and I have no idea which wiki to use.

Internally at se-instruments.com we use "trac", which seems
complicatedish and claims to be a bug tracking system that moonlights as
a wiki. The setup docs have stuff about svn integration, which seem
simultaneously irrelevant and obsolete.

I googled for "simple wiki" and got
http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Productivity-Sauce/Wik-Probably-the-Simplest-Wiki-Ever
which is not helpful.

I tried to get a list of what my options were, and got
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiEngines which is not helpful, and smells stale?

My main concern is I'm pretty happy administering a server that has ONLY
static content, and just ssh+http as open ports. (https:// is on the
todo list, I tried and
https://twitter.com/landley/status/720012589938266112 happened and I
washed my hands of Let's Encrypt's stock client and Rich said he'd take
a stab at it and it hasn't bubbled to the top of his todo list yet...)

These days I just _assume_ that any system running PHP or similar has
already been broken into and has a rootkit on it somewhere, but a wiki
kinda requires that. I may try to stick it in a container, since
wiki.j-core.org is technically a separate domain and can run on its own
port, but I don't want to set up a whole second distro in said container...

Anybody with more experience in this area want to weigh in?