[J-core] J-Core: Style Sheet Donation

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Jul 26 22:02:08 EDT 2016

On 07/25/2016 02:04 PM, Santiago Gil wrote:
> Hi, Rob.
>
> My name is Santiago, and I'm a student from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
> Last week (coincidentally after finishing a course on FPGAs where we
> worked mainly with Spartan 6), I found a link to your talk on jcore.
>
> I found the project super interesting, and the whole subject of /"how do
> we do to trust our hardware?"/ to be fascinating. It is one of the
> things that I would like to work on in the future.
>
> So I would like to contribute to your efforts, and as you said in the
> talk that you were accepting style sheet donations (and it was something
> simple for me to do), I went ahead and did a simple redesign of the
> jcore website.

Yay! Thank you.

> I changed the layout but I didn't want to modify your content too much
> (just where there wasn't valid html), so maybe there are little details
> here and there that could look better.
>
> I attach you the files. If you like them, feel free to use them any way
> you like. Also, if there are some changes you'd like, or something else
> I can do, just let me know.

Looks nice. Mit licensed common css.

I have some local changes here I haven't uploaded (such as writing new
software-side instructions describing how to use Rich's new toolchain,
mkroot.sh, and hopefully a vanilla kernel if that goes in this merge
window), but I can back them out for the moment.

We use server side includes, so the common prefix and suffix of each web
page are in a "header.html" and "footer.html". You've copied it inline
here. I can presumably fix that up too.

+    <h1 id="06-02-2016"><a href="#06-02-2016">April 2, 2016</a></h1>

Huh. I didn't know putting id= on an h1 tag was an option that #anchor
navigation would work with. (I have an old python script that expects
the older format to make an rss feed from header lines formatted that
way, but it should be easy enough to fix up.)

You added <code> tags. I personally avoid "semantic" tags that don't
have a clear descriptive meaning (bad experiences with docbook), but
I'll bow to your judgement here. :)

+    the <a
href="http%3A%2F%2Flandley.net%2Fqemu%2F2008-01-15.html%23Jan_17%2C_2008_-_%5BPATCH_0_5%5D_Enable_building_of_op.o_on_gcc4">problems
with that approach</a>

Possibly slightly overzealous escaping? :)

Let me try to merge this and check it in. Thanks.