[J-core] Avnet LX9 microboard support & programming?

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Tue Aug 30 13:19:17 EDT 2016

While it wasn't in the previous J-core source release, there was
originally support for the Avnet LX9 Microboard:

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/1-3i2dfk.html

It's not very competitively priced and I'm not sure if it's still
available even, but it is a board FPGA hobbyists might have lying
around. While working on the repo history conversion in preparation
for release, I tested and found that it still builds and works, so
we'll probably keep it in the repo in case it's useful (or just as an
example of how to port to another board).

Unfortunately however I can't find any good way to write to the SPI
flash without the Digilent sfutil which seems to be Windows-only. I
was only able to boot the new bitstream by programming it directly
onto the FPGA with the Digilent djtgcfg utility, which has to be done
every time you boot. Anybody else have one of these boards and know
how to write to the flash?

Rich