[J-core] Building today's vanilla linux.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Aug 15 19:04:06 EDT 2016

Now that -rc2 is out, I tried a test build a vanilla git snapshot using
Rich's toolchain:

  make ARCH=sh CROSS_COMPILE=sh2eb-linux-muslfdpic- j2_defconfig
  make ARCH=sh CROSS_COMPILE=sh2eb-linux-muslfdpic- -j 3

Copied the resulting vmlinux onto the sdcard, booted it, and it hung
"calibrating delay loop". (I believe this is because the interrupt
controller plumbing hasn't made it upstream yet?)

What's the likelihood of that happening this release, and what's the
patch still needed to make what's currently there work right?

Rob

P.S. I need to update the web page with new software build instructions,
but I'm still trying to get back to going through the style sheet
submission. I'm about 2/3 through that, but got derailed by other stuff.
These days you want to build the kernel and userspace with Rich's
https://github.com/richfelker/musl-cross-make toolchain, not the old one
I had in aboriginal linux.